ILLINOIS, GEO AND YOU
Geothermal Illinois customers who take advantage of Geothermal technology can enjoy the following benefits:
- Highly reliable heating and cooling system with warranties up to 50 years
- Lower energy bills due to increased efficiency and decreased dependence on fossil fuels
- Virtually no maintenance on all system components
- Quiet system with no outside venting needed
- Hot water provided in summer at very little cost
Geothermal energy is an exciting option for those looking for an efficient, environmentally friendly way to heat and cool their Illinois home. Chicago Geothermal Installer J & R Herra is one of the contractors serving this region.
Illinois has a number of rebate and loan programs to install your new Geothermal System in your home:
Green Building Incentive
Utility Rebate Program
- Ameren Illinois (Electric) - Residential Energy Efficiency Rebates
- Association of Illinois Electric Cooperatives (AIEC) - HomE Residential Rebate Program
- City Water Light and Power - Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate Programs
- Corn Belt Energy Corporation - Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
- MidAmerican Energy - Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate Programs
The Federal incentive covers 30% of the expenditures in the year the incentive is taken, up to a cap of $2,000 if the property was installed prior to January 1, 2009. Qualifying geothermal heat pump property installed after December 31, 2008 is eligible for 30% of the installed cost without a cap, as provided under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Tax Act of 2009 (ARRA) . The incentive is available for taxpayers installing qualifying equipment at their primary residence or a second home, but not for a rental property. This incentive is available till December 2016.
To qualify, tax payers will need to have evidence regarding:
- the cost of the system,
- when it was placed in service
IL Geothermal Testimonials
Anonymous from Desoto says:
Installed my system a year ago. Last year it saved me $2630. I am a happy camper. My local electric Co-Op says my monthly bills will now be $131. Not bad for living in a 1890s Victorian home. Take Care Arch
Phil Sader from Evergreen Park says:
We had our Geo system installed a month ago as part of a addition/remodel. Most friends and even our General Contractor were skeptical. After being in our house during the heat wave we are experiencing in Chicago they are all impressed with the even, efficient and comfortable output. Can\'t wait for the winter!
Installed by: Airomatic Heating and Air
Anonymous from Golden says:
I\'ve had geo in my home since 1980, and wouldn\'t even consider anything else.
Jennifer Doedtman from Beecher City says:
Geothermal is a great investment. We installed a system that will also do floor heat for the basement. Very comfortable heating and cooling.
Installed by: Durbin Geothermal, Inc.
Anonymous from quincy says:
works great no complaints
Anonymous from eureka says:
I can\'t believe it it actually works!
Anonymous from goodfield says:
my local waterfurnace dealer is the best...I can\'t believe how much I am saving...this sure beats chopping wood
Anonymous from beecher city says:
Our loop installer was the best...Thanks THD :) Hi Dom